Friday, February 18, 2011

Project #1

Here it is ladies and gents - my take on the bentwood rocker. Just to remind you all what it looked like before....


vs. my take on it!




I painted it white to go with the bookshelf I remodelled in September, but the fabric was an awesome find. I was planning on going with something subtle, but this was too awesome to pass up for a number of reasons:

#1 - Its paisley. enough said
#2 - One of the many colours is a dark indigo blue. Like an awesome pair of jeans, it can go with anything.
#3 - There are a ton of other neutral colours in the print, like a pale sage green which is ironically the colour on my parent's walls.



#4 - The rocker is an accent piece. I wouldn't do this to a couch. But there is tons of fabric left over for me to make pillows to throw on a solid couch...(lets make that project #3, the couch #85)



So here you go. Its funky and now, its way more comfortable than before. I'm also remembering back in the day why it was pulled out so far from the wall.....
it rocks... a lot...

Next project to be set out on Monday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have the exact chair I am looking for cushions for... and I think you did a great job! Thanks for the inspiration!

Cora